Timothy Pike is a Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. He focuses his practice on personal injury, transportation accidents, premises liability, construction accidents, wrongful arrest/false imprisonment and bad faith litigation. He was awarded an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating possible.
Timothy is a member of the Wisconsin Defense Counsel, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Illinois State Bar Association. During law school, Tim was a Managing Editor (1986-1987) of the Wisconsin Law Review.
- Won appeal to the Illinois Court of Appeals First District of a favorable ruling upon a motion for summary judgment in Cook County auto claim-based opinion on a prior oral settlement between the insurance company and the plaintiff (January 2017)
- Awarded summary judgment in Rock County, Wisconsin coverage suit wherein court ruled that Illinois permissive user exclusion in Illinois auto policy applied to Wisconsin accident (2017)
- Tried six day brain injury case in Milwaukee County after which the jury returned a verdict below plaintiff’s final settlement demand of $1,000,000 wherein plaintiff’s counsel argued at trial that the plaintiff should be awarded several million dollars (November 2016)
- Successfully defended against failure to warn allegations in a Cook County arm amputation jury trial where the jury returned a “not guilty” verdict at the close of a seven day trial (October 2016)
- Successfully argued a motion for summary judgment in Lake County, Illinois negligence claim against a condominium association wherein the court ruled that the condominium bylaws precluded plaintiff’s claims (October 2016)
- After a six day jury trial, settled a Cook County auto case, wherein the plaintiff reduced their demand at the conclusion of plaintiff’s case from $2,000,000 to $600,000 (September 2016)