Lisa Gingerich is a Shareholder in the Health Law Section. She is a practical, solutions-oriented advisor that advises clients on transactions, strategic opportunities and implementing strategies, while maintaining corporate compliance. Lisa works with integrated delivery systems, hospitals, religious and charitable organizations, physician groups, ancillary providers and suppliers. Additionally, she provides antitrust, divestiture, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, fraud and abuse, and tax exemption advice to health care providers and non-profit organizations. She has successfully negotiated and completed numerous acquisitions, reorganizations, mergers, divestitures and joint ventures.
She is a frequent speaker providing education on physician practice management, compensation and leasing arrangements, development of strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions and physician practice models.
Lisa is a member of the State Bars of Wisconsin and California, the Milwaukee Bar Association, the Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association and American Health Lawyers Association. She serves on the Board of Directors of Legal Action of Wisconsin, School Sisters of Notre Dame Central Pacific Retirement Inc., and the Political Science Department Board of Visitors of the University of Wisconsin. She is a member of the Courage Campaign Cabinet for Sojourner Family Peace Center. In July of 2007, Lisa was awarded AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell®, the highest rating possible. She is recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® in Health Care Law.
- Mission Possible: An Effective Provider Compensation Plan, HFMA Region 7 Conference, July 2016
- Physician Contracting and Compensation: No More Business As Usual, Client Board Retreat, September 2013
- A Detailed Overview of Health Insurance Exchanges, MRA’s 2013 Health Care Implementation Workshop Series, February 2013
- The Basics: Health Reform-What Does It Mean for You and Our Clients, von Briesen & Roper, September 2012; Paralegal Association of Wisconsin (Milwaukee Chapter) February 2012
- Ingredients for Heart Healthy (a/k/a less stress) Contracts & Transactions, State Bar of Wisconsin Health Law and Labor & Employment Law Institute, August 2012
- Stark: Beyond the Basics; von Briesen & Roper Health Law Checkup, September 2011
- ACOs: To Do or Not to Do?, von Briesen & Roper Health Law Checkup, April 2011
- The New Dating Game: Physician-Hospital Collaborative Relationships, AHLA Physicians and Physician Organizations Law Institute, February 2007
- Bad Actors, Bad Outcomes & Sarbanes-Oxley: The Perfect Storm Brings Heightened Expectations for Nonprofit Organizations, Association of Fundraising Professionals, October 2006; Strafford Publications Teleconference, August 2006