Network, Server & Application Administrator
von Briesen & Roper, s.c., one of Wisconsin’s leading law firms, recognized as a “Best Places to Work,” a “Top Workplace,” and an established leader in technology, service and expertise, seeks to add an experienced, full-time Network, Server & Application Administrator to join the firm’s technology support team in our growing Milwaukee office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and seasoned individual to help run and maintain our enterprise infrastructure and data center. This is a hands-on position with a great amount of 24x7x365 monitoring and responsibility to keep the enterprise running securely, efficiently and reliably. This position wears a lot of hats and must balance a diverse and ever-changing workload. We require experience in both the configuration and management of LAN/WAN, Routers/Switches, Wireless Networks, virtual servers and physical servers. Additional requirements include; experience in Microsoft stack including Exchange, Active Directory and SQL, Cisco Call Manager, backups, UPS systems, system monitoring solutions, storage area networks, cloud-based storage/compute, and network and attached storage. This position will also work with vendors on application servers as well as escalated issues regarding endpoint troubleshooting.
We seek a team-oriented, dedicated professional with demonstrated interpersonal communication skills. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role with similar responsibilities as a lead Network/Server Administrator. CCNA or equivalent certification is required. VMWare or other certifications a plus. Other required skills and experience include:
- Ability to run/maintain the enterprise networking and server infrastructure firm-wide, across multiple data centers
- Ability to work independently, communicate effectively and take ownership of all assigned duties and responsibilities
- Experience writing technical documentation, Network Diagrams and IT policies
- Advanced knowledge of LAN\WAN\VPN, bonus skills: SIP\SD-WAN\Routing
- Cisco Networking and Cisco Voice Technologies
- Microsoft Stack: AD, Exchange, SQL, File and Print
- Install and configure software, data center hardware, SAN storage systems, network appliances and VMWare virtualization
- Upgrading/Patch systems based on vendor product life cycles and recommendations
- Capacity, SAN storage planning and database performance tuning
- Architecture of Backups, Disaster Recovery, Fault Tolerance and High Availability procedures
- Responding to and fix after hours incidents 24x7x365 involving Network and Server Infrastructure
- Diagnose, treat and prevent system outages and problems
- Serve as a top escalation point for Help Desk requests
- Powershell scripting, task automation and job scheduling a plus
Our firm and its people are committed to providing unparalleled service to our clients and to being among the best in the areas in which we practice. We offer a professional and friendly work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage you to learn more about us at www.vonbriesen.com. Qualified candidates may submit resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
An Equal Opportunity Employer