von Briesen & Roper, s.c., one of Wisconsin’s leading law firms, recognized as a “Best Places to Work,” a “Top Workplace” and an established leader in technology, service and expertise, seeks an experienced Paralegal to join our team in our Madison office.
We offer excellent opportunities for those interested in working in partnership with a team of professionals committed to providing exceptional client service. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Primary responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and summarizing discovery responses
- Generating authorizations for medical, employment, school, workers compensation, tax and other relevant records as well as gathering police and other investigative records
- Scheduling plaintiff’s deposition and other relevant witness depositions
- Calendaring all scheduling order dates on both paper and electronic calendars
- Discussing and retaining necessary experts on cases, as well as scheduling expert depositions
- Preparing medical records summary
- Drafting correspondence and letters
- Preparing for trial including; compiling witness list, completing filings, preparing a trial file, coordinating pre-trial meetings, etc.
- Scheduling mediations
- Managing files which includes; maintaining a list of all open litigation files with key deadlines and action plans, reviewing and updating on a weekly basis, tracking deadlines, and monthly update meetings with attorneys
- State Bar and CLE reporting activities for attorneys
We seek a detail oriented, highly organized professional with superior client service skills and exceptional multitasking abilities. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, strong research and writing aptitude and effective time management skills. This position requires analytical thinking, resourcefulness and the ability to operate independently. Demonstrated technical aptitude and proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite is required. Requirements include an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or Certification and five or more years of experience working in Litigation and/or Workers Compensation.
Our firm and its people are committed to providing unparalleled service to our clients and to being among the best in the areas in which we practice. We offer a professional and friendly work environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage you to learn more about us at www.vonbriesen.com. Qualified candidates may submit resume and salary requirements to:
Attn: Human Resources
von Briesen & Roper, s.c.
411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Litigation and Risk Management
- Worker's Compensation