DEC 6, 2022
Breakfast Briefing: The NLRB – the new EEOC? Protective Strategies for Employers from Labor Law Claims
Labor issues continue to challenge employers in the day-to-day operation of the business. Previously, National Labor Relations Board (the NLRB) and “union” issues were only applicable to employers that had a union to represent the employees – but no longer. With the revitalized NLRB, employment claims will have a robust investigation and a lower standard of evaluation for success before the EEOC, DOL or state agencies. So just what is this new area for employee claims?
Employment policy terms may appear neutral at their surface, but carry vulnerability before the NLRB. Join us as we discuss the new approach of the NLRB in employee claims processing and the actions employers need to consider in terms of employment policy enforcement and discipline to minimize legal vulnerability.
Topics covered will include:
- Employee handbook “gotchas”
- Protecting against NLRB claims in response to disciplinary actions
- Social media policies
- Discipline and workplace disruption
- Enforceability of non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Responding to Union organizing efforts
- Key considerations in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements and the preservation of management rights
Please contact Karen Brunow to register.
Registration closes one day prior at 5:00 PM CST.