About International Tax
Global operations require global tax solutions.
von Briesen’s experienced tax team provides assistance to a wide variety of clients facing a global economy. From advocating for clients in tax controversies for publicly-traded companies to planning for privately-held domestic businesses expanding internationally, our team provides value-added tax services at all levels of international operations.
We represent foreign taxpayers investing in the United States and United States taxpayers investing abroad. Virtually every country has laws that govern the tax treatment of its residents operating abroad and foreign taxpayers operating in that country. The potential for double taxation occurs when conflicting jurisdictional claims arise, and our tax team routinely navigates tax treaties and credits to avoid the duplication of tax.
Though the international tax priorities of our multinational and domestic clients may differ, von Briesen’s tax attorneys maintain a consistent commitment to deliver superior, responsive and value added services.
- Global tax compliance
- Tax planning for multinational operations, including treaty, transfer pricing and controlled foreign corporation analysis
- Tax planning relating to international expansion of domestic operations, including choice of entity, withholding, business profits and permanent establishment analysis
- Acquisition and post-acquisition integration
- International estate planning, including foreign trusts, estates, foundations and receipt of foreign gifts and inheritances
- Employee placement in a foreign jurisdiction
- International tax practice, procedure and controversies
- Foreign reporting requirements and voluntary disclosures
- State taxation of international operations
- Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC) planning