Alex Karana focuses his practice on intellectual property law. He studied Chemical Engineering at Michigan State where his senior design project was designing a gasification process that consumed biomass and coal to produce a bio-oil to sell for ethanol production. Prior to law school, Alex was a project engineer at Aisin World Corp. of America, a subsidiary of Aisin Seiki, where he led automotive transmission developments for major OEM programs like the Jeep Wrangler and Polaris Slingshot.
In addition to chemical engineering and automotive, Alex has a strong interest in blockchain and NFT technology applications. Prior to joining von Briesen, Alex worked for a network development firm where he focused on licensing within a blockchain ecosystem for the carbon credit markets.
Alex is an Associate Board Member for Lawyers for the Creative Arts in Chicago, an organization that provides free legal services to financially eligible clients in areas of the arts.
- University of Illinois Chicago, J.D., 2020
- Michigan State University, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 2013
- Licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association (CBA)
- Assyrian-American Bar Association
- Illinois Intellectual Property Alliance, Events Committee
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts in Chicago, Associate Board Member