Nov 19 2020
Curt Walther is a member of the Business Practice Group. He focuses his practice on tax planning and tax controversies, securities, mergers and acquisitions, business succession planning and transactional matters.
His tax experience includes partnership tax special allocations and capital shift analysis, Section 754 basis adjustment analysis, gift tax planning and valuation issues, deferred compensation planning, qualified business income deduction planning, including analysis of leases with real estate holding entities, like-kind exchange issues, and Circular 230 defense matters.
During law school, Curt served as the research assistant to Professor Ryan M. Scoville and was a competitor in the Duberstein Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition.
- Marquette University, J.D., 2019
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin (Taxation Section, Board of Directors)
- Milwaukee Young Lawyer's Association (MYLA), Board of Directors