Aug 16 2022
John Rubin is a member of the Labor and Employment Section, with a management-side practice. John provides comprehensive human resources (HR) representation, from advice to litigation of HR law claims, including:
- Union issues and labor relations
- HR law compliance in hiring, discipling, and terminating employees
- HR policy and procedures
- Disability accommodation obligations
- Religious accommodation requests
- COVID-19 workplace safety and compliance
- Vaccine mandate obligations
- OSHA law and litigation
- Workplace injuries and accidents
- Employee handbook design and development
- FMLA policies and forms
- CARES Act/ARPA Funding
A former National Labor Relations Board investigator and trial attorney, John has an intimate understanding of the “in’s and out’s” of how labor law functions on a day-to-day basis. This first-hand experience allows John to provide a unique perspective in advising clients, aiming for practical, business-oriented, and strategic solutions customized to meet the individualized goals of businesses of all sizes and complexities. Whether it comes to labor negotiations, strike preparation, union organizing campaigns, grievances, arbitrations, or unfair labor practice proceedings, John is ready to deploy the necessary measures to outflank the opposition.
In addition to a unique traditional labor relations background, John is an experienced and proactive employment law practitioner. John works closely with Human Resource departments to devise and implement litigation avoidance strategies. He frequently represents employers in matters involving discrimination, FMLA, wrongful termination, and religious and disability accommodation claims.
John’s practice encompasses workplace health and safety matters, and he has advised clients throughout the pandemic on all manner of COVID-19 issues, including vaccine mandate compliance.
John is also a member of the firm’s Government Law Group, advising public sector clients on issues such as ARPA expenditure obligations and compliance.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Florida, B.A., cum laude, 2005
- U.S. Distrct Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Waukesha County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Law Review Go-To Thought Leader (2021)
- National Law Review Go-To Thought Leader (2020)
- RUACH, Inc., Co-President, Board of Directors