Josh Cronin is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. Josh’s litigation and risk management practice focusses on property, casualty, bad faith and insurance coverage matters on behalf of businesses and insurance companies in State and Federal courts. Josh has over ten years’ experience in insurance coverage litigation. He has obtained favorable decisions at trial, on appeal, in appraisal, and in arbitration.
Josh’s family law practice focuses on divorce mediation. Josh’s experience as a Family Court Commissioner in Waukesha County provides him with a unique perspective in helping families work through the difficult financial and emotional issues involved in a divorce. Josh’s approach is to be understanding of the emotional complexities of a case, but also focused on practical, common sense solutions that will allow parties to move forward in the lives in a positive manner.
Josh has been a frequent presenter for the Wisconsin Fire Loss Association, Wisconsin Claims Counsel, Wisconsin Association of Mutual Insurance Companies and the International Association of Arson Investigators.
- Marquette University, J.D., magna cum laude, 2007
- Northeastern University, B.S., summa cum laude, 2004
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Family Mut. Ins. Co. v. Schmitz, 2010 WI App 157, 330 Wis. 2d 263, 793 N.W.2d 111 (granting summary judgment in favor of the insurer and finding that the homeowner’s claim for property damage was not covered under the terms of the insurance policy).
- Chmielewski v. American Family Mut. Ins. Co., 2014 WI App 110, 357 Wis. 2d 720, 855 N.W.2d 903 (affirming the jury’s verdict in favor of the insurance company in a dispute regarding the scope and cost of repairs to a fire damaged property).