May 21 2021
Mmeli Obi is a member of the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group in the Neenah office.
Prior to law school, Mmeli had over a decade of experience working as a Senior Loan Analyst for a finance company in Ripon, Wisconsin. There she analyzed Uniform Commercial Code filing requirements and compliance, reviewed loan contracts and ensured compliance with trust rules, state statutes and tax law.
During law school Mmeli worked as a licensed student attorney in the Loyola Community Law Center where she represented clients on issues including guardianships and family law matters. She also served as an extern for the Illinois Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism and as an intern to the Hon. Christopher P. Yates of the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Kent County in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- Loyola University Chicago, J.D., magna cum laude, 2019
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., magna cum laude, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Winnebago County Bar Association
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)