Tom Kammerait is a Shareholder and the Chair of the Business Succession Planning Section. Tom represents businesses on all aspects of their corporate and business needs including transactional matters, tax, general corporate, real estate, technology, and estate planning issues. Tom generates value by helping clients set priorities for enhancing the value of their businesses and identifying risk management strategies, on a tax-efficient basis. He is also a CPA, so his knowledge of accounting gives him a quick understanding of client financial matters, and a rapport with their accountants.
His core client base is emerging and established technology businesses, manufacturers, distributors, manufacturer’s representatives and service companies. He has managed over 100 business succession plans, business purchase or sale transactions.
Tom serves on the board of or in a board advisory role for many client companies and is a member of numerous business roundtable groups. He is listed in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® in the area of Business/Corporate Law. He is also a frequent speaker to business groups on business and corporate law issues, business succession planning, risk management, and tax matters, with a special emphasis on business priority management and tax planning.
professional and charitable activities:
- Board of Directors, IEWC Corp.
- Board of Directors, New Berlin Plastics, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Boehm-Madisen Lumber Co.
- Board of Directors, Siebert Lutheran Foundation
- Board of Directors, Renaissance Manufacturing Group - Waukesha, LLC
- Board of Directors, Treasurer, Executive Committee Member, GPS Education Partners
- Board of Directors, Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE)
- Legal Advisor and Member of Executive Committee, Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc.
- Member, American and Milwaukee Bar Associations, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American and Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE)
- Member, MMAC CFO and COSBE Roundtables
- Member and Speaker, The Executive Committee (TEC)
- Member, Manufacturers’ Agents National Association