Sally Merrell focuses her practice in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, charitable gift planning and private foundations. She has been advising individuals and family-owned businesses in preserving, protecting, and enhancing their wealth for over thirty years.
Sally’s professional memberships include the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Association of Women Lawyers and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel.
In 2012, Sally was recognized as a “Woman in the Law” by the Wisconsin Law Journal. Sally has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® continuously since 1995 in Trusts and Estates. Since 2005 she has been listed in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® in the area of Estate Planning & Probate and was listed as one of Wisconsin’s Top 25 Women Attorneys (2005, 2006). Sally is designated as a Five Star Wealth Manager: Best in Client SatisfactionSM. She has been AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating possible.
Sally is Past Chair of both the Women’s Fund of Greater Milwaukee and Donor’s Forum of Wisconsin. She is a former member of the Board of Directors of Lake Park Friends.
- “Family Law and Estate Planning,” Mid-Winter Estate Planning Clinic, January 2013
- “Stocks, Stock Options, Mutual Funds, ETFs, REITs and Other Strange But Wonderful Investment Vehicles,” Planned Giving Council, March 2007
- “Curious and Practical Aspects of the Wisconsin Probate Code Trailer Bill,” Mid-Winter Estate Planning Clinic, February 2007
- “Conservation Gifts in Estate Planning,” Gathering Waters Conservancy, October 2006
- “Working with Women as Philanthropists,” Planned Giving Council, May 2006
- “Planned Giving - What’s the Secret?” Rural Wisconsin Hospital Cooperative Roundtable, January 2006
- “Saving for a Lifetime,” Small Business Times, April 2003