Jason is a Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Insurance Coverage and Risk Management Section.
Jason specializes in identifying creative dispute resolution outcomes that avoid litigation, minimize business interruption, and reduce costs. When litigation cannot be avoided, Jason draws on his substantial experience winning complex matters involving commercial and business disputes, insurance coverage, shareholder oppression, fraud, and IT disputes, among others.
Jason is licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Michigan, and he routinely handles cases and appeals across the country. He obtains results that reflect a high degree of skill and tireless commitment to win. Recent results include:
- Reversed a $68 million judgment in a breach of contract dispute with instructions to have judgment entered on behalf of clients with costs
- Obtained dismissal of multiple breach of insurance contract and bad faith actions filed in Indiana state and federal courts; Jason argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit where he prevailed in a unanimous decision
- Obtained complete defense verdict under New York law in dispute related to software development
- After conducting investigation and filing suit, leveraged a highly favorable settlement related to theft of software code, including liquidated damages
- Won summary judgment in breach of contract dispute in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois that included significant damages, attorney fees and costs
- Won summary judgment in multi-million dollar dispute between primary and excess insurance carriers in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Represented a member of joint venture in multiple disputes against another member and ultimately leveraged a highly favorable buyout
Jason frequently presents at corporate in-house CLE events. He generally presents on matters related to commercial litigation, insurance coverage and ethics. Jason is co-authoring the Wisconsin chapter of the DRI’s compendium on rescission of insurance contracts.
Jason is involved in the greater Milwaukee community and currently serves on the Milwaukee Zoological Society’s Associate Board. Jason actively litigates pro bono matters in federal court on behalf of pro se litigants. He is also an active member of the Seventh Circuit Bar Association. Jason is recognized as a Rising StarSM by Wisconsin Super Lawyers®.