Maureen Molony is a Shareholder in the Health Law Section of von Briesen & Roper, s.c. She has practiced for over 25 years exclusively in health care law. She provides ongoing counseling and representation on regulatory and legislative matters affecting Medicare and Medicaid providers and suppliers, including licensure, survey and certification contractual agreements and reimbursement issues. She provides assistance to providers and suppliers with the development and implementation of corporate compliance programs. Maureen has provided representation and counsel to clients experiencing both State and Federal investigations alleging Medicaid and/or Medicare fraud.
Maureen represents and counsels both health care providers and practitioners, including: hospitals, physicians, dentists, physician practices, long-term care facilities, nurses, nurse practitioners, nursing home administrators, home health agencies, hospice, community based residential facilities and assisted living. In addition she has substantial experience in representing the formation, licensing and certification of residential care centers for children and youth licensed by DCF under Chapter 52 including children experiencing substance abuse issues and facilities or programs for mental and substance abuse under DHS Chapters 75 and 35.
She is a frequent speaker to state and national health care groups, including the American Academy of Emergency Medicine, the Oncology Nursing Society, and the Wisconsin Health Care Association. She was a professor of nursing for twelve years at the University of Wisconsin.
- Guide providers to obtain licensure and certification for long-term care facilities, home health and hospice providers, and behavioral and drug treatment centers.
- Acquisition of post-acute facilities including assisted living centers, long-term care facilities and nursing homes.
- Development and implementation of corporate compliance plans for physician practices and long-term care facilities.
- Representation of physicians, long-term care facilities and home health agencies in fraud investigations of the State and Federal government.
- Compliance issues for home health care and hospice providers.
- Representation and assistance in certification and licensing of alcohol and drug treatment programs
She is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the American Health Lawyers Association