Geoff Trotier is a Shareholder in the Labor and Employment Law Section. Geoff proactively assists businesses of all sizes and complexities in many diverse labor and employment issues, including:
- Drafting, enforcing and litigating non-compete agreements;
- Defending Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and other wage/hour class actions and collective actions;
- Avoiding and defending discrimination claims:
- Advising on reasonable accommodation and return-to-work issues;
- Advising clients on Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and other employee leave issues;
- Advising on and resolving FLSA and other wage/hour disputes; and
- Providing training in human resource matters.
Geoff works closely with clients to devise and implement litigation avoidance strategies. He frequently represents employers in matters involving discrimination, non-compete agreement enforcement, trade secrets, FMLA disputes, wrongful termination, OSHA, whistleblower claims, and wage and hour suits. With his track record of success in front of government agencies and in court, Geoff’s strategies have saved significant money for both private and public sector employers.
He is a member of the American Bar Association (Labor & Employment Section), the State Bar of Wisconsin (Labor & Employment Section) and the Milwaukee Bar Association.