Tom Crone is a Shareholder in the Madison office. He has extensive experience representing public and private sector clients in a variety of labor and employment matters and has successfully represented a broad range of employers in over 500 discrimination claims filed at the local, state and federal level. His experience includes:
- Investigating and defending employment discrimination claims, including race, gender, disability, and sexual harassment claims.
- Advising employers on day-to-day employment issues, including preventive employment advice, compliance with local, state and federal employment laws, and wage and hour claims and compliance.
- Drafting and reviewing employee manuals and handbooks.
- Representing employers in union-related matters, including collective bargaining and contract administration, union campaigns, picketing and strike activity, unfair labor practice charges, prohibited practice proceedings, and grievance arbitrations.
- Drafting and enforcing employment contracts and separation agreements.
- Defending unemployment compensation claims.
- Drafting and litigating issues arising under covenants not to compete and non-disclosure agreements.
- Litigating claims involving breach of fiduciary duty and duty of loyalty.
- Preparing and assisting in the implementation and updating of affirmative action plans; advising and assisting clients in connection with local, state and federal audits of such affirmative action plans.
Tom is recognized in Chambers USA in employment law, and was awarded AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating possible, for professional competency and ethical conduct. Tom was selected for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers® from 2008 through 2013 and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America® each year since 2007, for his work in Labor and Employment Law.
He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Dane County Bar Association.