Josh Kopp is a Shareholder in the Madison office of von Briesen & Roper, s.c. Josh’s approach to the practice of law is that of a “primary care attorney.” Just as a primary care physician is skilled in care for substantially all of a patient’s medical and health care needs, Josh’s experience in representing businesses and individuals in a broad and comprehensive spectrum of transactional and litigation matters equips him to deal with most all legal matters a client faces.
Josh also concentrates on several more focused areas of practice:
- Josh has extensive experience representing banks and finance companies in conjunction with non-performing accounts, as well as in drafting and reviewing loan documents for credit transactions;
- Josh regularly represents national title companies and property owners in connection with lien priority, title, boundary and easement disputes;
- Josh represents numerous construction clients, providing them with assistance with contract drafting and negotiation, construction disputes, and collections; and
- Josh represents a number of national and local landlords in lease negotiations and collections.
Josh is a member of the Wisconsin Land Title Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Dane County and Columbia County Bar Associations. He was included on the Wisconsin Rising Stars list (2006, 2008-2016).
Presentations, Publications & Contributions
- Real Estate Law: Advanced Issues and Answers, National Business Institute (August 2014)
- Foreclosure Compliance: New Requirements and Advanced Issues, National Business Institute (June 2014)
- Landlord-Tenant Law, Sterling Education Services, Inc. (July 2012 and 2014)
- Top 10 Title Defects - Cured, National Business Institute (December 2013)
- Author of publications on various legal topics, including, as co-author, a chapter on the relationship between manufacturers and distributors in Business Organizations, a treatise published by the State Bar of Wisconsin