Based in the Fox Valley, Bill is a seasoned commercial litigator and business advisor with a diverse practice. Bill advises all manner of businesses and individuals, including manufacturers, banks, and professionals, both in the Fox Valley and beyond. Bill also advises the firm’s public sector clients on various matters, including employment issues, and special education matters for school districts.
Bill takes a holistic approach to each case – working both to get to an efficient resolution to a dispute that hopefully avoids the need for costly litigation, but also to address underlying issues to minimize the chance that a similar dispute will arise in the future. Of course, sometimes litigation is unavoidable, and in such instances, Bill is a passionate advocate who works closely with clients to define their goals upfront and then devises a custom litigation strategy incorporating those needs. He harnesses his court experience to anticipate likely hurdles and guides clients accordingly.
Bill has significant experience in the following areas:
- Complex business disputes, including litigation, arbitration and mediation;
- UCC Article 2 document drafting and disputes;
- Contract and commercial sales agreements;
- Partnership and shareholder disputes;
- Insurance coverage;
- Creditors’ rights;
- Community association and condominium issues;
- Employer-side employment disputes, including discrimination claims, non-compete agreements, unfair competition, and trade secret issues;
- School law, with emphasis on special education;
- Municipal law and prosecutions;
- Property disputes;
- Trust disputes;
- Class actions;
- Federal and State trial and appellate matters.
Bill is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Winnebago County Bar Association and the Fond du Lac County Bar Association. An avid cyclist, Bill makes his home in Fond du Lac with his wife and four children, and serves on the board of the Fond du Lac Swim Club.