Tom Moniz is a Shareholder in the Business Practice Group, where he assists clients on all aspects of business and estate planning, including:
- Trust and estate planning
- Trust and estate administration
- Business formation and transactions
- Business consulting and succession planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real estate
- Benefit Corporations
- Nonprofit and tax exemption
Tom’s clients often view him as a legacy advisor. As such, Tom uses a personal, connected approach to work with clients and their families related to their unique business needs, personal needs and assets in conjunction with their estate plans. Tom especially enjoys working collaboratively and strategically with clients and their team of other trusted advisors – an approach that he believes adds value now and for successive generations.
Additionally, Tom is the Chair of the firm’s Nonprofit and Tax Exemption section. Tom counsels clients on a variety of matters including tax exemption, nonprofit formation and governance, and Benefit Corporations.
Tom is active in the local community, where his nonprofit and professional associations include the following:
- Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts in Fond du Lac (Director)
- Envision Greater Fond du Lac, Advocacy Committee (Member)
- Boys & Girls Club, Building and Capital Campaign (Member)
- Salonga Conservation Initiative, Inc. (Director)
- Oshkosh Area Community Foundation Audit Committee (Member)
- Fox Valley Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Winnebagoland Estate Planning Council (President)
- Ripon Main Street, Inc. (President and Director)
- Ripon Education Foundation, Inc. (Past-President and Director)
- Winnebago County Bar Association; Ripon/Green Lake Area Bar Association; and State Bar of Wisconsin
- Prior service includes roles as an officer and director for United Way, Little White School House Foundation, Inc. and Thrasher Opera House.