Dave Roettgers is a Shareholder focusing his practice on the purchase and sale of businesses, taxation, corporate finance and business law. He is a Certified Public Accountant and uses his prior experience at Arthur Andersen LLP where he provided tax planning and business advice for individual and business clients.
Representative Matters and Experience
- Representation of families and owners in all types of business planning including the transition of the business to the next generation, financing, and restructuring.
- Business sales/purchase transactions of all types and sizes, loan agreements, distributor agreements, sales representative agreements, non-compete, joint ventures and employment agreements.
- Represented a management team’s purchase of a division of a public company.
- Representation of an ownership group in a partial sale of a $200 million enterprise value company to a private equity firm.
- Sale of a division of a business that supports heavy manufacturing and a related entity owning real estate. The purchase price was approximately $30 million.
- Structured joint venture with a partner in Mexico, including ownership and manufacturing agreements.
- Representation of a master limited partnership in the role-up of several partnerships to a single entity.
- Structuring limited liability company partnership tax structures.
- Evaluation and planning of a transaction to minimize tax effects of debt relief at both the corporate and individual levels.
- Designed business structures to maximize tax benefits and legal protection for multi-state businesses.
- Tax planning with respect to the purchase and sale of partnership interests and the overall effects on the potential partnership tax dissolution rules.
Dave is the Chair of the Board of Directors of St. Joan Antida High School and serves on the finance committee. He is also a member of the Alumni Committee for the Marquette University High School Board of Directors. Previously Dave was a member of the Board of Directors and the Legislative Committee for the Wisconsin Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association, past President of the Marquette University Business Administration Alumni Association and a board member for the Marquette University National Alumni Association.
Dave is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards. He is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Milwaukee Bar Association.