Erik Vickstrom is an M&A Senior Advisor for vonBriesenOneSource. vonBriesenOneSource provides single-source transaction services, leveraging finance, negotiation, and legal skills to serve clients in our Mergers and Acquisitions, Capital Markets, Restructuring, Tax Planning, and ESOP practice areas. Erik has nearly five years of experience in management consulting, where he provided M&A advisory services, due diligence, and technology-focused corporate and commercialization strategy services.
His selected representative project and transaction experience includes preparing and assisting with financial modeling and analysis, pitch books, valuation, portfolio analysis, financial and commercial due diligence, and presentation materials for:
- Mid-market acquisition of an oil and gas industry products manufacturer from a Fortune 200 parent
- Capital raise and commercial rollout analysis for a new production facility in the building materials industry
- Buy-side acquisition of a mid-market healthcare technology company from a Fortune 100 parent
- Corporate strategy and commercial due diligence for a Fortune 200 manufacturer in the chemicals industry
- Product development and market penetration strategy for a Fortune 200 manufacturer in the oil and gas industry
- Strategic partner development and portfolio analysis for a mid-market manufacturer in the biotech industry
In his previous roles, Erik worked with both Fortune 200 companies and small engineering firms on the commercial verification of emerging technologies, market entry and corporate strategy development and execution, and on business model development and commercialization plans with technologies in the materials, energy, biotech, environmental, and electronics industries.
He is a frequent author on the subject of technology, with a focus on emerging technologies. Samples of Erik’s publications include:
- “The U.S. Market for Green Building Materials”, BCC Research
- “Energy Retrofits for Commercial and Public Buildings: Global Markets”, BCC Research
- “3-D Scanning: Technologies and Global Markets”, BCC Research
- “Renewable Energy and Energy Efficient Technologies in Building Applications”, BCC Research
- “Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV): Technologies and Global Markets”, BCC Research
Erik holds a Master of Business Administration in Finance, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship along with a Master of Arts in International Business, Economics, and Trade from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he also earned his undergraduate degree.
Erik is also an Eagle Scout; was selected in 2015 to participate as a Leader of Tomorrow for the 45th St. Gallen Symposium in St. Gallen, Switzerland; and serves as the head instructor at Marquette University for Kuk Soon Won, a Korean martial art in which he holds the rank of 2nd degree black belt.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association for Corporate Growth (YACG Wisconsin)
- Midwest Business Brokers and Intermediaries
- Golden Angels Advisors