Steve Carlson is a Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. His practice focuses on toxic tort, product liability, business and general litigation. Steve has extensive experience in state and federal courts in Wisconsin and throughout the nation. He has represented clients in all phases of litigation from initial fact investigation and defense strategy to discovery, motion practice, trial and appeal. Prior to joining von Briesen, Steve practiced in Chicago, Illinois for four years.
- Defending product manufacturers in asbestos-related litigation in state and federal courts throughout the nation.
- Defending product manufacturers and distributors in product liability litigation in state and federal courts throughout the nation.
- Representing companies of various sizes and industries in the defense and prosecution of cases involving breach of contract, fraud, negligence and other commercial disputes.
- Representing companies in fire, explosion and property loss litigation.
- Representing insurers and their insureds in a wide variety of civil litigation matters.
Steve is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest possible rating for both legal ability and ethical standards. He has also been recognized as a Rising StarSM by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2011-2013, 2015-2018).
Professional and Civic Activities:
Steve is a member of the Milwaukee Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and Defense Research Institute. He also serves on the advisory board for the Medical College of Wisconsin’s Neuroscience Research Center.