Mar 21 2023
Our Knowledge in Life Sciences
With the continued explosion of technological advances, von Briesen’s Life Sciences team combines the leadership of our IP and Health sections to offer a comprehensive platform for a growing industry. Our team provides the necessary expertise for all stages of a business’s life cycle, including:
- Formation: Advise on business formation, drafting governance documents, and ensure that the necessary foundational building blocks are in place.
- Funding and Capital Investments: From seed financing to angel investing to venture capital, navigate applicable securities laws and negotiate investment documents to protect your interests.
- Patent/Intellectual Property: Counseling in all aspects of intellectual property protection including domestic and foreign patent protection, trademark and service mark selection and protection, commercialization of intellectual property rights and dispute resolution.
- Licensing: Assist in all aspects of technology licensing, including selection of licensing model and structure as well providing template documents that will fast track negotiation and simplify the contracting process.
- Regulatory and Compliance: Traverse complex areas of regulation, both federal and state, to maximize options for accomplishing business goals, while mitigating organizational risk.
- Privacy: Advise on federal and state privacy and confidentiality laws that shape and complicate health information and data sharing.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures: Assist with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, stock and asset purchases, leveraged buyouts and myriad other transactions involving changes in corporate control. We have substantial experience in recapitalizations and corporate restructurings, spinoffs and other techniques for maximizing shareholder value.
von Briesen provides the full suite of legal services for issues that every life science business can encounter, including labor and employment, employee benefits, real estate, and litigation.
Patrick M. Bergin
Life Sciences Professionals
Other NewsView all
Mar 14 2023
von Briesen Welcomes Michael R. Sherer
Mar 13 2023
The EPA and Army Corps’ “Waters of the U.S.” (WOTUS) Rule to Become Effective on March 20
Mar 06 2023
NLRB Case Impacts Severance Agreements for Union and Non-Union Employees
Feb 07 2023
Wisconsin Supreme Court Addresses "Occurrence" in Case involving Insured’s Reckless Homicide Conviction
Jan 27 2023
No Cap!: Ninth Circuit Holds MAGA Hat is Free Speech
Jan 18 2023
The SECURE Act 2.0: What’s In It For You?
Jan 11 2023
What Compliance Officers Need to Know Going Into 2023
Jan 11 2023