About FMLA Administration
Our team focuses on handling Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) administration under federal and applicable state law. Our experienced staff of leave administrators and attorneys removes your human resources professionals from the day-to-day administration of this complicated law, handling the entire leave process, from the initial request to the employee's return to work.
We understand that the law can be confusing and not all leaves are straightforward. You can be confident knowing that our knowledge, experience and custom process integration is going to do more than just meet the operational and cultural needs of your organization; it will prepare and protect your business in the unfortunate event that litigation arises.
Our process is unique in that we take the time to fully understand your corporate culture to ensure the administration process aligns with your organization's vision. We integrate your company culture and leave policies with your FMLA compliance obligations under federal and/or state law, obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") and workers' compensation laws.
Determined that your employees return to work safely, we coordinate transitional work programs for employees, which may include alternate, light-duty or modified-duty assignments, getting your employees working again saving you, the employer, additional costs associated with disability and workers' compensation claims.
We assist employers with the following:
- Customized FMLA policy design
- Form development and implementation
- FMLA and compliance training
- Health Care Provider Certification evaluation
- Coordinate with long-term and short-term disability carriers
- Process workers' compensation claims
- Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") assessments
- Maintained separate leave files for each of your employees
- Customized reporting on employee leave status
- Direct employee communication throughout the leave process
- Employee leave request coordination
- Leave eligibility determination
- Clarifications and additional requests for information
- Timely notifications as to employee eligibility and leave designation
- Coordination with workers' compensation
- Assist with benefits during periods of leave
- Coordinate employees' return-to-work
- Verify restrictions and/or limitations upon return-to-work