Gilbert Berthelsen focuses his practice in the area of school law. In October of 2002, Gib received the George Tipler Medal for distinguished service in school law. His book, “Wisconsin Expulsion Digest,” was published by the Wisconsin Association of School Boards and Wisconsin School Attorneys Association starting in 1990 and continues to be updated and published bi-annually. He served on the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association from 1983-1987.
Gib is one of the founding members of the Racine County Economic Development Corporation and served for many years on its Board of Directors.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 1967
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 1964
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Racine County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Law Foundation, Fellow
- Racine Unified School District, (President, 1974-1975), (Vice President, 1973-1974), (School Board, 1972-1975)
- Racine YMCA, (President, 1982-1984), (Board of Directors, 1977-1984)
- Racine County Medical Society, (Executive Secretary, 1972-1980)
- Racine Country Club, (President, 1992-1993), (Board of Directors, 1988-1993)