Jan 27 2022
Jill Pedigo Hall is a Shareholder in the Labor and Employment Section. She combines her experience of founding and operating a successful multi-location business for eleven years, with more than two decades in employment law to bring a unique and informed perspective to her practice. She partners with businesses to develop and implement best practices, strategies, and solutions that ensure compliance with labor and employment laws while supporting business goals. She is recognized for leveraging her business acumen and legal insight experience to solve employment law issues and manage risks with an efficient, practical approach for employers ranging in size from solo practitioners to Fortune 50 corporations. She is widely regarded by her colleagues and clients as a perceptive and resourceful litigator and is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest peer rating possible.
Jill has assisted employers in almost every area of employment law. A focal area of her practice is medical leave management involving FMLA and disability accommodations, diversity, equity and inclusion, wage and hour issues, and discrimination defense. She has conducted sensitive investigations at the top levels of corporate establishments and local government. Jill routinely assists employers in developing needed policies and processes, employment contracts, and restrictive covenant agreements. Her experience includes successfully managing litigation defense and representing corporate clients before federal/state courts and administrative agencies including EEOC, DOL, and OFCCP.
Jill frequently lectures and conducts in-house management and supervisor training for human resource organizations and clients of all sizes in the areas of diversity, equity and inclusion, medical leave management, respectful workplace culture, social media and electronic communication management, affirmative action and harassment avoidance.
- University of Iowa, J.D., 1982
- Ripon College, A.B., cum laude, 1978
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Northern District of Illinois, District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Employment and Labor Law Steering Committee, Chair Employment and Labor Law Seminar (2020)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Minnesota
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section)
- Industry Liaison Group (ILG), Milwaukee and Madison Districts, OFCCP Midwest Region
- Society of Human Resources Management
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Downtown Madison, Inc., Inclusiveness Committee