Mar 15 2022
Mollie Kugler is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group where she focuses her practice on representing and counseling insurance companies in litigation and disputes. Her clients benefit from her extensive coverage claims experience and her comprehensive knowledge of the litigation process, from formulating strategy plans and handling discovery, to drafting and arguing motions, and settlement or—if necessary—trial. A portion of Mollie’s practice is also dedicated to commercial and business litigation.
Mollie is a frequent presenter on insurance coverage topics for the Wisconsin Defense Counsel and the State Bar of Wisconsin and is also an author and contributor to publications and podcasts.
Mollie enjoys volunteering for various organizations in the Milwaukee area and is currently serving as the Director of Revenue for the Junior League of Milwaukee. She enjoys traveling, running, tennis and watching Georgetown basketball (some years) while also serving as Georgetown’s Milwaukee-area Chair and Alumni Interviewer for the Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program.
- Fordham University, J.D., 2011
- Georgetown University, B.A., cum laude, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel (Insurance Law Committee)
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Presenter, “Navigating Through Cancel Culture, Inclusion, and Work Life,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel 2022 Spring Conference, April 2022
- Contributor, “Prioritizing Mental Health & Tackling Anxiety as a Lawyer,” NAWLTALKS Podcast, November 2021
- Co-Author, “Protect Your Firm from Collateral Damage: Understanding Your Ethical Duties in the Event of a Data Breach,” DRI’s For the Defense magazine, October 2019
- “When Do Timing Issues and Payment Discrepancies Constitute Breach of the Duty to Defend?,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Summer 2019
- Co-Author, “Defense Cost Issues Under D & O Policies,” Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) Journal, Q1 2019 and Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Spring 2018
- Author, “Recent Wisconsin ‘Occurrence’ Decisions Need Clarification,” Wisconsin Defense Counsel, Winter 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Insurance Law (2022)
- 2022 Women in the Law Committee Award, Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Junior League of Milwaukee, Director of Revenue