Sep 02 2020
Robert B. Teuber
411 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202 Waukesha
20975 Swenson Drive
Waukesha, WI 53186
Rob Teuber is a Shareholder in the Tax and Trusts and Estates Sections. Rob focuses his tax practice on tax disputes and controversies for clients nationally, regionally and locally. From a national perspective, Rob assists in resolving IRS tax audits, Tax Court litigation, personal liability assessments, tax collection matters, Offers in Compromise and foreign financial account disclosures. From a state and local perspective, he works with clients to address sales, employment, income and property tax controversies. Rob’s Trusts and Estates practice focuses on estate planning with a keen eye on tax considerations, tax compliance and tax controversies.
Rob takes great pride in assisting organizations and individuals outside of his tax practice. He currently serves on the State Bar of Wisconsin Finance Committee and as immediate Chair of the Taxation Section Board of Directors.
He is a frequent presenter at conferences and continuing legal education seminars. He is also an avid writer and has published articles for CCH tax publications and contributed to articles on complex tax and business issues in OnBalance (WICPA), Wisconsin Accountant, BizTimes, CPA Magazine, and Wisconsin Law Journal.
- Marquette University, J.D., magna cum laude
- Marquette University, B.S.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Representation of individuals and businesses in federal income and employment tax audits and State of Wisconsin income, withholding and sales tax audits.
- Contesting asserted liabilities through federal and Wisconsin appeal procedures and the United States Tax Court.
- Challenging assertions of personal liability for federal employment taxes and state withholding and sales tax liabilities.
- Assisting clients in federal and Wisconsin tax collection matters including installment agreements; Offers in Compromise and uncollectible classifications.
- Challenging property tax assessment and valuation disputes before Boards of Review and in the Wisconsin Courts.
- Assisting clients in federal and state voluntary disclosure proceedings; foreign bank account disclosures and compliance, seller’s permit revocation proceedings and non-filer case resolution.
- Analyzing tax and economic considerations for new and existing businesses, structuring transactions and preparation of agreements for a variety of business deals.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law (2021-2023)
- Wisconsin Law Foundation, Fellow
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2016-2019)
- Wisconsin Rising Stars (2007-2012, 2014-2015)
Areas of Practice
- Nonprofit and Tax Exemption
- Trusts and Estates
- Estate Planning
- Fiduciary and Beneficiary Representation
- Business and Corporate Law
- International Tax Controversy
- Sports Law