Aug 13 2015
Bill Taibl has experience in nearly all areas of financial institution representation and in a wide variety of real estate related matters. He provides counsel on law and regulatory compliance issues related to consumer and operational matters, including Truth in Lending, RESPA and ECOA, required Board policies, branching activities, new product development and subsidiary transactions. He has handled major troubled loan workouts in Wisconsin and around the country. He has been involved in a wide variety of real estate sales and purchase transactions and commercial lease transactions. He regularly works with land development agreements, zoning and land use issues and Tax Incremental Financing District development projects.
He has authored chapters in legal publications on real estate financing and the Federal Regulations affecting real estate financing. He has served as chairman of the Wisconsin League of Financial Institutions Legal Clinic from 1983 to 1997 and chaired the League’s Attorneys Committee from 1984 to 1997. He has also acted as the program coordinator for the Wisconsin Bankers Association legal clinics from 1999-2004.
- Marquette University, J.D., 1973
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, B.A., 1970
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Board of Directors, 1980-83)
- American Bar Association (Banking Law Committee)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Banking and Finance Law (2008-2024), Financial Services Regulation Law (2011-2024)
- Best Lawyers® Financial Services Regulation Law "Lawyer of the Year", Milwaukee (2016)
- Best Lawyers® Banking and Finance Law "Lawyer of the Year", Milwaukee (2014)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2006-2015)