May 21 2021
Barry White is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group and the Co-Chair of the Fiduciary Litigation and Inheritance Disputes Section. Barry’s practice focuses on business litigation, with a particular emphasis on fiduciary litigation. Barry has considerable experience representing individual and institutional trustees in a wide variety of trust-related disputes, and also represents beneficiaries and heirs in undue influence and tortious interference with inheritance actions. Historically, his practice has included a significant number of trade contractors, and he has considerable experience in construction law and construction litigation. Recognizing that protracted litigation is not always in every client’s interest, Barry is a strong proponent of creative problem solving and seeks to find efficient and cost-effective solutions to his clients’ disputes whenever possible.
Since 2004, Barry has taught “Ethics for Wisconsin Lawyers,” a continuing legal education seminar sponsored by the University of Wisconsin Law School.
- University of Michigan, J.D.
- Albion College, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation (2024)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®