Kevin Fetherston is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. He focuses his practice on professional liability litigation, commercial and business litigation, insurance coverage, and general tort litigation. Kevin has extensive experience litigating complex cases and appeals in both state and federal courts.
Kevin's experience includes:
- defending lawyers, accountants, financial advisors and other professionals against allegations of malpractice or negligence.
- successful resolution of multiple legal malpractice claims, many by dismissals by motions to dismiss or summary judgment, in multiple contexts, including allegations of malpractice involving business reorganization, personal injury, bankruptcy, criminal defense, real estate, transactional, collection, probate and estate planning, among others.
- defending lawyers in disciplinary cases and seeking reinstatement to the Wisconsin bar.
Commercial and business litigation:
- successfully defended and prosecuted claims of owners, shareholders, and members of companies involving claims of breach of contract, breach of restrictive covenants, fraud, breach of fiduciary duties, theft of trade secrets, conversion, conspiracy to defraud, malicious injury to business, and tortious interference.
- working with owners, shareholders, and members of companies to identify liability and exposure and/or damages and legal theories to develop strategy to effectively and efficiently resolve disputes.
- working with insurance companies to identify and evaluate coverage issues and develop strategy to effectively and efficiently resolve dispute.
- successful pursuit of declaratory judgment actions on behalf of insurers resolving coverage disputes.
General tort litigation:
- successful pursuit and defense of tort claims, including personal injury, property damage, fraud, conspiracy, and misrepresentation claims.
- "Ethics from the Headlines", von Briesen Ethics Seminar, December 2021
- "Locating and Working with Expert Witnesses", HalfMoon Seminars, April 2015
- "What is a Daubert Motion? How will Daubert be Utilized in Wisconsin?", Wisconsin Defense Counsel, 2011 Summer Conference
- Marquette University, J.D., 2011
- Miami of Ohio, B.A., 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Personal Injury Litigation–Defendants (2021-2022)
- Wisconsin Rising Stars (2015-2021)