Nov 03 2023
Mark Kapocius is a school attorney with more than twenty years of experience working in administrative leadership roles for school districts in Wisconsin. As a Shareholder in the Government Law Group and School Law Section, Mark focuses his practice on school law and advising other public-sector entities on labor and employment matters, governance issues, collective bargaining, public records and open meetings compliance.
Mark has extensive experience assisting school districts with special education, pupil records, policy and curriculum, and educator and administrator employment-issues involving recruiting, retention, contracting, discipline and nonrenewal, and compensation and benefits issues. Mark brings a unique and innovative perspective to solutions based on his in-house work as the Director of Human Resources for the School Districts of Greenfield, Whitefish Bay, Germantown and Elmbrook.
Since 2012, Mark has served as an impartial hearing officer for school districts, counties and municipalities on matters involving employee grievances. He is also an elected municipal judge for the Village of Greendale, where he presides over appearances and trials for civil ordinance violations.
- Marquette University, J.D., 2007
- Marquette University, M.Ed., 1997
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 1994
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin School Attorneys Association (WSAA)
- Council of School Attorneys (National School Board Association)
- Wisconsin Municipal Judges Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Wisconsin Policy Forum, Education Committee