Jul 27 2015
Mike Carlton worked as a trial attorney at the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C., representing the EPA and other government agencies. Thereafter, he worked as a senior attorney and policy analyst with the Environmental Law Institute, and then as Wisconsin counsel for a national environmental organization. Mike has taught and studied environmental law and policy in Washington, D.C., London, and the University of Wisconsin Law School. Mike heads the firm’s Environmental Law Practice representing a wide range of public and private entities in regulatory and transactional matters.
Mike is a frequent lecturer on environmental issues and he has authored numerous articles including publications in CBE Environmental Review, Milwaukee Business Journal and BizTimes.
- Georgetown University, J.D., 1974
- Marquette University, B.S., 1971
- Wisconsin and U.S. Supreme Courts
- Several Courts of Appeals
- District Courts
- U.S. Court of Claims
- American Bar Association (Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law Section)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Federation of Environmental Technologists
- Best Lawyers® Litigation-Environmental "Lawyer of the Year", Milwaukee (2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Environmental (2006-2022); Litigation-Environmental (2011-2022)
- Chambers USA, Natural Resources & Environment
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®