Our clients deserve accurate and insightful responses, on time, every time. I strive to ensure that our clients feel as confident and comfortable calling me for assistance as they would anyone inside their own organization.
- Jeffrey E. Mark
Our goal is to provide exceptional service and the benefit of deep expertise to our health industry clients. From sophisticated transactions to complex compliance matters, our team will provide you with skillful, value-driven guidance that is tailored to your business objectives.
- Stacy C. Gerber Ward
About Health Law
von Briesen & Roper’s Health Law Section provides comprehensive legal services to the health care industry nationwide as both general counsel and special project counsel. Our clients include integrated delivery systems, academic medical centers, community hospitals, Catholic-sponsored hospitals, rural and critical access hospitals, imaging centers, physicians and multi-specialty clinics, specialty hospitals, ancillary suppliers, home health agencies, nursing homes, hospices, assisted living facilities, mental health and AODA facilities, DME suppliers, laboratories, health maintenance organizations, dialysis centers and pharmacies.
We have been practicing health law since the 1950s and today have one of the largest health law groups in Wisconsin. The firm’s full-service team of attorneys works with the health care industry on a wide range of areas ranging from business transactions, development and implementation of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other health care delivery reform models, addressing privacy matters, hospital construction and real estate, insurance law and contracting, employee benefits, medical staff, malpractice defense, risk management, billing and payment, and corporate compliance. We have created a dedicated website for the health care industry (www.vonbriesenhealth.com) that features blog posts and legal updates in the ever-changing health law landscape. With nearly thirty attorneys focusing on health law and the health care industry, we are well-positioned to meet the needs of health industry clients.
We regularly work with, on behalf of our clients, federal and state departments and agencies, such as the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Internal Revenue Service, and state regulatory agencies.
We assist the health care industry in the following areas:
- Accreditation, Certification and Licensure
- Billing and Payment
- Class Actions
- Compensation and Benefits/ERISA
- Environmental Law and Litigation
- Federal & State Privacy Laws
- Fraud & Abuse and Stark
- Government Enforcement and Corporate Investigations
- Health Information Privacy and Security
- Insurance (compliance, payor and provider contracting and health care delivery reforms)
- IP Portfolio Protection and Management
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Long Term Care/Assisted Living
- Managed Care and Provider Contracting
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Medical Staff
- Nonprofit and Tax Exemption
- Patient Care Issues and Risk Management
- Physician and Practice Management
- Public Finance
- Real Estate and Construction
- Religious Organizations Law
- Transactions: Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestiture, Business Reorganizations