Pat is a Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group and represents clients in both State and Federal courts in all phases of litigation, including mediation, arbitration, trial, and appellate work. Pat serves as both national and local counsel for corporations involved in asbestos and other toxic tort litigation, and frequently represents banks in lender liability cases, automobile manufacturers in lemon law and other consumer litigation, and product manufacturers in cases involving explosions, fires and other catastrophic loss.
Pat’s trial experience includes representing automobile manufacturers against claims brought under Wisconsin’s lemon law, the Uniform Commercial Code, and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act; banks in cases involving various claims of lender liability; homeowners and contractors in cases involving claims of construction defects; and an over-the-road trucking service center involving claims of negligence and wrongful death; insurance companies in cases involving both third party liability claims and first party insurance coverage disputes; individuals and businesses in contract disputes; individuals for bodily injuries sustained in automobile and other accidents; and a product manufacturer in a case involving a claim of personal injury and wrongful death as a result of exposure to asbestos.
In addition, Pat has significant appellate experience, including three cases that were argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court, two of which involved issues under Wisconsin’s lemon law, and the other involving various issues of insurance coverage under a fleet policy issued to a rental car company.
- Marquette University, J.D., 1994
- University of Wisconsin, B.A., 1991
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third and Seventh Circuits
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Marquez v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, Supreme Court of Wisconsin, orally argued
- Kilian v. Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, Supreme Court of Wisconsin, orally argued
- Waterstone Bank SSB v. Joel S. Heller, Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Drabczyk v. Fisher Controls International LLC, Appellate Division, New York
- Mau v. North Dakota Ins. Reserve Fund, Supreme Court of Wisconsin, orally argued
- Ernie Von Schledorn Ltd. v. United Fire & Cas. Co., Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Estate of Riley ex rel. Riley v. Ford Motor Co., Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Herzberg v. Ford Motor Co., Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Michael J. Morgan v. Ford Motor Company, Wisconsin Court of Appeals
- Bank One, Milwaukee, N.A. v. Loeber Motors, Inc., Appellate Court of Illinois
- Katherine A. Goggins v. Rogers Memorial Hospital Inc., Wisconsin Court of Appeals