May 17 2022
Rebecca Simoni is a Shareholder in the firm’s Trusts and Estates Section. She advises individual clients, for-profit and non-profit entities, and financial institutions with a focus on estate planning, succession planning, financial planning and commercial transactions.
In the estate and succession planning arena, she practices in the areas of marital property, estate planning, and probate and trust administration. She advises clients on business succession planning and tax planning to minimize estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes. She provides services in the drafting of estate plans and other documents including wills, trusts, marital property agreements, premarital agreements and powers of attorney.
Her substantial experience in the representation of financial institutions and in the drafting of commercial loan documentation allow her to provide practical advice and creative solutions to her for-profit and non-profit clients with respect to their financing needs. Rebecca’s decade of experience in commercial litigation, bankruptcy, forbearance and workouts further allow her to identify the key concerns companies and financial institutions face in structuring financing transactions.
Resource: Ten Essential Legal Documents (PDF)
- University of Minnesota, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Uppsala Universitet, Uppsala, Sweden
- University of Wisconsin, B.B.A., with honors, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Northern District of Illinois, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Association for Women Lawyers
- Wisconsin Rising Stars (2007, 2009-2013)