Steve Sorenson is a Shareholder with more than 35 years of experience helping clients with a wide range of legal issues. He provides counsel on corporate law, business succession planning and estate planning. He also represents municipalities and with regard to real estate he counsels on land use, zoning, smart growth, water front litigation and nonmetallic mining. He is a Fond du Lac County Court Commissioner and serves as a mediator and arbitrator in real estate and labor disputes.
Widely known and respected by his peers, Steve has served in many capacities with the State Bar of Wisconsin, including terms as President (1997-1998) and Secretary (1994-1996), as well as chairing several of their Standing Committees, including the Finance, Solo and Small Firm, Communications, Convention and Entertainment Committees. He was also President of the National Conference of Bar Presidents (2007-2008) and a member of the American Bar Association House of Delegates.
He is a member of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation Board and the Green Lake County/Ripon Area Foundation Board. He is the past President of the Ripon Main Street Development Board of Directors and an Adjunct Professor of Business and Politics and Government at Ripon College. He is a member of the Board of Directors for the Green Lake Festival of Music and Badger Boys State.
Steve is a frequent lecturer on Legal Ethics, Real Estate law and Waterfront rights. He served as Chairman of the Board of Directors for Community Health Network (CHN) and remains active in health care organizations.
Resource: Ten Essential Legal Documents (PDF)
- Marquette University, J.D., 1977
- Luther College, B.A., 1972
- Wisconsin Law Foundation, Fellow
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Law Foundation, Charles Goldberg Distinguished Service Award (2021)
- Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, Board of Directors
- Green Lake County/Ripon Area Foundation, Board of Directors
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Constitutional Law and Civil Liberties
- Dispute Resolution
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Estate Planning
- Government Law
- Land Use, Development and Zoning
- County and Municipal Governance
- Nonprofit and Tax Exemption
- Professional Liability
- Property Tax Assessment
- Real Estate
- School Law
- Trusts and Estates