Apr 10 2020
Brion is a Shareholder and co-Chair of the Real Estate Section at von Briesen. He has a unique background and skillset that service the diverse needs of his clients, which come in all shapes and sizes from closely-held businesses, start-up companies and individuals to well-established financial institutions and municipalities. Brion’s commitment to customer service, attention to detail and unending desire to provide value serves his business, banking, developer, municipal and individual clients well.
In 2008, Brion joined von Briesen from M&I Wealth Management where he worked as a staff attorney and compliance analyst. At M&I Wealth Management, Brion touched every area of M&I Wealth Management’s service platform, including high-level legal and compliance projects for the trust department (personal and institutional), broker-dealer, investment advisor, Marshall Funds and the bank.
Brion has leveraged his prior experience into a bourgeoning business, banking/finance, real estate and estate planning practice. Brion is well-positioned to assist his business clients in facilitating mergers and acquisitions while also understanding, negotiating and drafting the financing documents necessary to get the deal done. Brion is dedicated to helping his business owner and individual clients with their estate planning, trust administration and succession planning needs.
One of Brion’s passions is being involved in real estate transactions. Much like his client base, his real estate experience is diverse and multifaceted. Brion represents businesses, developers, banks, municipalities and individuals on a wide variety of real estate-related issues ranging from drafting custom purchase agreements, condominium documents, development agreements and easements to creating or expanding tax incremental financing districts, negotiating and drafting complex lease agreements and advising on various zoning and land use issues.
Brion routinely speaks at seminars for the Wisconsin Bankers Association on various bank regulatory and compliance issues. His compliance background and understanding of how compliance works in the corporate setting is a unique value-add that not many attorneys can provide to their clients.
Brion lives in Franklin with his wife, Amy, and three sons, Braun, Griffin and Jordan. Brion is a member of Tuckaway Country Club and loves to spend time out on the golf course.
Resource: Ten Essential Legal Documents (PDF)
- Marquette University, J.D., 2006
- Lawrence University, B.A., cum laude, 2002
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow
- "Milwaukee Tool deal approved; construction of industrial office building to start in spring", Milwaukee Business Journal, December 2019
- “CFPB Integrated Mortgage Disclosure Rules…Simplified?” Wisconsin Bankers Association, February 2015
- "Attempting to See through the Mud: A First Look at the New TILA Ability to Repay, Qualified Mortgage and Escrow Rules” Wisconsin Bankers Association, April 2013
- “CFPB/Dodd-Frank Act Update: A Bunch of Indecent Proposals?” Wisconsin Bankers Association 2012 Compliance Forum, Nov 2012
- “Fair Lending: Old Rules with Contemporary Issues,” Wisconsin Bankers Association, June 2011
- “Loan Modifications and Foreclosure Guidance,” Wisconsin Bankers Association, March 2009
- Wisconsin Policy Forum, Economic Development Committee