Mar 06 2023
Doris Brosnan is a Shareholder in the firm’s Labor and Employment Law Section, and focuses on assisting clients with employment issues. Doris regularly advises health care and corporate clients on dealing with disloyal or difficult employees, accommodating disabilities in the workplace, harassment, workplace violence, FMLA, and the development of effective employment policies and practices. She regularly assists clients in preparing and implementing employee transition plans, including employment due diligence in mergers and acquisitions, severance agreements, business closings and reductions-in-force, and business reorganizations. Doris defends employers in all types of employment-related litigation, including agency discrimination and wage claims, arbitrations, and multi-party employment litigation before federal and state courts.
Doris also assists clients in achieving employment objectives by providing immigration services, with an emphasis on business immigration, including non-immigrant visas such as the H-1B, L-1, O-1, TN, and immigrant visas (permanent residence) through employment means such as outstanding researcher, extraordinary ability, and the PERM labor certification process. Doris also counsels companies on developing, maintaining, and defending immigration compliance programs.
Finally, Doris advises hospitals and health care systems on a wide range of medical staff questions, including credentialing, terminations and suspensions of medical staff privileges, peer review issues, and required reporting. When medical staff disputes arise, Doris assists clients in litigation and fair hearings.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude 1998
- Marquette University, B.A., cum laude, 1994, Phi Beta Kappa
- American Bar Association
- "Whistleblowers and Recent Enforcement Trends", Milwaukee Bar Association, May 2017
- "Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers: Litigation Update and Hot Regulatory Issues", Wisconsin Hospital Association, Jan 2017
- "An Employer Guide: DOL’s New Overtime Exemption Rules", September 2016
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation - Labor and Employment Law (2021-2024)
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment
- Health Industry Labor, Employment and Immigration
- Medical Staff and Credentialing
- Health Law
- Employer Health Plans Team
- OSHA Law and Litigation
- School Law
- Sports Law
- Strategic Risk and Crisis Management
- Government Enforcement and Internal Investigations
- Government Law