Oct 10 2011
Gottlieb John Marmet
411 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Gottlieb John Marmet is a Shareholder in the firm’s Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. John is a registered patent attorney and focuses his practice on intellectual property law including trademark litigation; patent prosecution and litigation; opinions pertaining to patentability, infringement and validity; and, advising clients on freedom to operate issues. John also has significant experience in product liability, toxic tort litigation and risk management, utilizing his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering. John has litigation experience throughout the United States, including at the appellate level.
In addition to civil litigation experience, John is a former assistant district attorney, and has tried both bench and jury trials. He is also a published author in the area of human factors engineering. He has presented at the State Bar Leadership Conference and is active in the State Bar of Wisconsin and the University of Wisconsin Alumni Association.
Relevant Experience and Publications
- Research Assistant, Laboratory for Human-Computer Interaction, Dept of Industrial Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Administrator, Human-Computer Interaction International 2001 Conference
- Rogers, M., Caldwell, B., MARMET, G.J., Brennan, P.F. (1999). Usability design considerations in providing computer support for health informatics. In Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society 43rd Annual Meeting, 855 - 858. Houston, TX: Human Factors Society.
- Jacko, J.A., Barreto, A.B., MARMET, G.J., Chu, J.Y.M, Bautsch, B.S., Scott, J.D., and Rosa, R.B. (2000). Low vision: The role of visual acuity in the efficiency of cursor movement. The Fourth International ACM SIGCAPH Conference on Assistive Technologies.
- Jacko, J.A., Barreto, A.B., Scott, J.D., Chu, J.Y.M, Bautsch, B.S., MARMET, G.J., and Rosa, R.B. (2000). Using eye tracking to investigate graphical elements for normally sighted and low vision users. Poster Session. ACM Eye Tracking Research & Applications Symposium 2000.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 2004
- University of Wisconsin, M.S., 2000
- University of Wisconsin, B.S., 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Northern District of Illinois
- Licensed to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Wisconsin Intellectual Property Association
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel
- Wildlife In Need Center, Board of Directors