May 08 2017
Jenifer Kraemer is a Shareholder in the Madison office. Her practice focuses primarily on construction, real estate and business law. She represents business owners, architects, contractors, developers, landlords and homeowners on a wide range of real estate and construction issues. Her experience includes:
- Reviewing and negotiating design and construction contracts for large commercial and multi-family residential projects, including extensive experience dealing with the American Institute of Architects (AIA) contract documents and ConsensusDocs.
- Handling public and private construction lien claims.
- Representing contractors in public bidding issues.
- Handling commercial real estate transactions from the negotiation of the purchase agreement through closing.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial leases.
- Preparing condominium and subdivision documents, association bylaws, and covenants and declarations for development projects.
- Representing home buyers and sellers in residential real estate transactions, including drafting and reviewing offers to purchase, loan documents, and closing documents.
- Providing legal services to businesses such as organizing corporations and limited liability companies, reviewing commercial loan documents and leases, drafting agreements, registration of trademarks and tradenames, and sales and purchases of business assets.
Jenifer is a frequent speaker to construction groups and provides in-house training on legal issues facing project owners and contractors, including lien law and construction contracts.
Jenifer is actively involved in Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin and was a member of the Associate Board of Directors (2006-2009) and President of that Board in 2008.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- Sonoma State University, B.A., 1992
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- Associated General Contractors of Wisconsin
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law (2020-2024), Real Estate Law (2016-2024)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2018-2022)