Oct 19 2021
Kelly Noyes is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group and co-Chair of the Class Actions Section.
Kelly specializes in complex business litigation, particularly in the areas of contract disputes, business torts, insurance coverage, ERISA, environmental disputes, collections and consumer litigation defense, appeals, and toxic torts. Kelly pairs her knowledge of the law with a passion for understanding her clients’ businesses, so she can achieve cost-effective resolutions to clients’ problems, both in and out of the courtroom. She partners with businesses of all sizes – from small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies – and has particular experience in the health care sector, working with providers, payers, and vendors to resolve disputes and implement procedures to avoid future litigation.
Kelly regularly litigates in both state and federal courts throughout the country, including litigating appeals before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and Supreme Court.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2007
- Michigan State University, B.A., 2004
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- 7th Circuit Bar Association
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Association for Women Lawyers, (Board Member, 2016-2018)
- Defended health insurer against class-action lawsuit alleging ERISA and state law claims, including appeal to 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Defended health care provider against multi-million dollar breach of contract suit and obtained judgment dismissing all claims prior to trial.
- Defended health care clients against Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) claims in multiple jurisdictions.
- Managed discovery, including extensive electronic discovery, in a complex international contract dispute and obtained a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Assisted businesses in obtaining insurance coverage and litigating coverage issues on behalf of insurers and insureds.
- Drafted pre-trial motions, including detailed motions to exclude expert testimony, in toxic tort matters.
- Successfully defended dismissal of a toxic tort claim before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals.
- Advised health-care industry clients regarding collections, including drafting policies related to protection of personal health information under HIPAA and Wisconsin privacy laws.
- Worked with local counsel in four states to manage a toxic tort litigation program.
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Insurance Law (2021-2022)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers Rising Star (2012-2021)
- Association for Women Lawyers Community Involvement Award (2020)
- KNOW Women – Milwaukee (2020-2022)
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Wisconsin Law Journal, Up & Coming Lawyer (2014)
- Wisconsin Access to Justice Commission Pro Bono Honor Society (2014)
- Milwaukee Ballet, Board of Directors
- Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center Philanthropic Board, Community Events Chair
- Elmbrook Humane Society, Board of Directors
- Economic Justice Institute, University of Wisconsin Law School (Board President and Board Member, 2011-2018)