Apr 16 2004
Marcus S. Loden
10 East Doty Street
Madison, WI 53703 Waukesha
20975 Swenson Drive
Waukesha, WI 53186
Marcus Loden is a Shareholder in the Business Practice Group. His statewide practice involves a wide variety of matters concerning business succession planning, trusts and estates, transactional and real estate work. Marc holds a masters of law degree in taxation from the foremost graduate tax program in the country. He is uniquely qualified to assist individuals and business owners with their operations and wealth transfer tax planning. He has:
- Drafted numerous estate plans for individuals and owners of closely held businesses.
- Structured and documented acquisitions and sales of businesses.
- Implemented business succession plans for family-owned businesses.
- Drafted buy-sell agreements, operating agreements, stock purchase agreements, and confidentiality and non-competition agreements.
- Organized many limited liability companies to assist with asset protection and succession planning.
- Served on the faculty of numerous business and estate planning seminars.
- Co-author of LLCs and LLPs: A Wisconsin Handbook published by the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Resource: Ten Essential Legal Documents (PDF)
- New York University, LL.M., 1989, Wallace Scholar
- Marquette University, J.D., 1986
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A., with distinction, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association (Taxation, Business Law, Estate Planning Sections)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law (2022-2023)