Sumeeta Krishnaney is a member of the Trusts and Estates Section. She concentrates her practice on estate planning, including special needs planning and guardianships, charitable estate planning and business succession planning. She focuses on the preparation of trusts, including first and third party special needs trusts, wills, marital agreements, financial powers of attorney, and healthcare powers of attorney. She represents clients in all matters relating to guardianship of the person and estate for adults who lack capacity, including protective placement and contested guardianships.
Sumeeta regularly speaks on the topics of special needs planning and guardianships. She is a dedicated advocate for individuals with special needs and is an active member of the Milwaukee community. She currently serves on the Board of Trustees for University School of Milwaukee. She serves on the Advisory Board and Executive Committee for Best Buddies Wisconsin, an organization providing programs for individuals with and without disabilities in Wisconsin. She is a member of the Attorney Advisory Council for WisPACT, Inc., a private nonprofit organization that administers pooled and community Special Needs Trusts for people with disabilities.
Resource: Ten Essential Legal Documents (PDF)
- Marquette University, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, M.B.A.
- University of Rochester, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) Guardianship/Capacity Section Community
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association (Probate Bench-Bar, former co-Chair)
- Association for Women Lawyers
- University School of Milwaukee, Board of Trustees and Executive Committee (Secretary)
- Best Buddies Wisconsin, Advisory Board and Executive Committee
- WisPACT, Inc., Attorney Advisory Council