George Peek is a Shareholder in the Trusts & Estates Section. George assists clients in a broad range of estate planning and administration services, including estate and trust administration, preparation of estate planning documents and representations in guardianships/conservatorships; and he is also a frequent presenter in these areas. In addition, he has litigated several complex estate planning issues including inheritance disputes.
Beyond his estate planning practice, George counsels both for-profit and not-for-profit businesses on organization, succession, reorganization and real estate. His experience includes contracting, corporate governance and risk management and is premised on gaining an understanding of his clients’ financial and non-financial goals. Because of his broad background, George is able to assist clients in preventing needless litigation and also navigating litigation when it becomes necessary.
George serves as a panel arbitrator for the State Bar of Wisconsin Panel of Fee Arbitrators for Wis. Stats. Ch. 788 disputes.
- Marquette University, J.D., 2002
- University of Nebraska, B.A., 1997
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association
- 7th Circuit Bar Association
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Financial Planning Association of Wisconsin
- Benefits of Establishing a Business Foundation for Charitable Giving, WICPA, May 2023
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates (2024)
- Mount Olive Lutheran Church and School, President
- Secure Futures, Volunteer
- Enderis Park Neighborhood Association, Member