Feb 19 2020
Nicholas D. Castronovo
411 East Wisconsin Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Nick Castronovo is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. His practice focuses on commercial and business litigation including breach of contract disputes, shareholder disputes, business torts including breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresentation claims, class actions, construction defect claims, premises liability claims, manufacturers’ representatives matters including commission disputes, trust litigation, OSHA citation defense, and general risk management counseling.
Nick helps clients understand the different strategies and potential outcomes available at the beginning of each dispute, strongly advocates his clients’ interests at each stage in litigation, and recognizes creative and positive resolutions to meet his clients’ goals. When necessary, Nick has successfully litigated matters to completion, including several jury and bench trials.
Prior to joining von Briesen, Nick worked in all three branches of government. He served as an intern for the Wisconsin Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel, for a Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and for a United States Congressman. His experience relative to government affairs includes analyzing state constitutional law, evaluating disclosures pursuant to Wisconsin’s open records law, assisting with the state administrative rulemaking process, and analyzing legislative history.
Nick is the Chair of von Briesen’s Summer Associate Program and Recruiting Committee. Nick enjoys giving back to his community and currently provides pro bono representation for the Eviction Defense Project. He previously served as a volunteer counselor at the American Legion Badger Boys State program.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Northwestern University, B.A.-Political Science, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch, Commercial Litigation (2022-2023)
- Wisconsin Rising Stars (2016-2021)
Areas of Practice
- Class Actions
- Commercial and Business Litigation
- Construction Law and Litigation
- Government Enforcement and Internal Investigations
- Government Law
- Health Law
- Independent Sales Representatives
- Litigation and Risk Management
- OSHA Law and Litigation