Apr 20 2017
Phil Bradbury focuses his practice on commercial law and litigation, construction law and litigation, real estate, alternative dispute resolution, and business and estate planning for closely held businesses. Phil’s experience covers a wide range of litigation matters and business transactions, including:
- Representing real estate owners and developers in the purchase, sale and financing of multi-million dollar projects.
- Providing construction services to contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals, including negotiating and drafting contract documents, litigating complex disputes on public and private contracts, and handling compliance issues on public works projects.
- Representing business owners in a variety of matters including the purchase, sale and restructuring of businesses and succession planning. Phil also acts as a general business counselor and trustee.
Phil is also an experienced mediator and has assisted in resolving a variety of disputes.
Phil is a member of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Dispute Review Board and has also acted as an independent mediator and arbitrator in business disputes. He has been a frequent speaker to construction groups on lien law, construction contracts and other issues of concern to the construction industry, and is a former instructor on Legal Aspects of Construction Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison College of Engineering.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D., 1984; M.S. Urban and Regional Planning, 1977
- Rutgers College, B.A., 1975
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Law (2008-2023)
- Best Lawyers® Construction Law "Lawyer of the Year", Madison (2016)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers®, (2008-2013, 2016-2021)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Olbrich Botanical Society, Board of Directors