Nov 08 2013
Tom Kammerait is a Shareholder and the Chair of the Business Succession Planning Section. Tom represents businesses on all aspects of their corporate and business needs including transactional matters, tax, general corporate, real estate, technology, and estate planning issues. Tom generates value by helping clients set priorities for enhancing the value of their businesses and identifying risk management strategies, on a tax-efficient basis. He is also a CPA, so his knowledge of accounting gives him a quick understanding of client financial matters, and a rapport with their accountants.
His core client base is emerging and established technology businesses, manufacturers, distributors, manufacturer’s representatives and service companies. He has managed over 100 business succession plans, business purchase or sale transactions.
Tom is recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© and is certified by Family Business Leadership Partners (FBLP). Tom serves on the board of or in a board advisory role for many client companies and is a member of numerous business roundtable groups. He is also a frequent speaker to business groups on business and corporate law issues, maximizing valuations, business succession planning, risk management, and tax matters, with a special emphasis on business priority management and tax planning.
- University of Wisconsin, J.D.
- University of Wisconsin, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Tax Court
- American and Milwaukee Bar Associations, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American and Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE)
- Vistage (formerly The Executive Committee, TEC), Member and Speaker
- Manufacturers’ Agents National Association
- Vistage Lifetime Achievement Award (2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- IEWC Corp., Board of Directors
- New Berlin Plastics, Inc., Board of Directors
- Boehm-Madisen Lumber Co., Board of Directors
- Renaissance Manufacturing Group-Waukesha, LLC, Board of Directors
- Siebert Lutheran Foundation, Board of Directors
- GPS Education Partners, Executive Committee
- Council of Small Business Executives (COSBE), Board of Directors
- NARI Milwaukee, Executive Committee
Areas of Practice
- Business and Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Start-up and Next Level Business Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Fiduciary and Beneficiary Representation
- Independent Sales Representatives
- Religious Organizations
- Trusts and Estates
- Fiduciary Litigation and Inheritance Disputes