About Long Term Care/Assisted Living
Our Long Term Care/Assisted Living team has been advising the senior living industry over 30 years. We have deep connections with both providers in our region and with regulators. In addition to our expertise in serving the specific needs of senior living providers, our firm offers the full range of services needed to operate in today’s fast-moving business environment. The broad range of areas in which we provide advice include:
- Federal and state survey and certification matters and plans of correction
- Appeals of regulatory citations, including informal dispute resolution, independent informal dispute resolution (IDR and IIDR), and hearings
- Regulatory compliance
- Admission agreements, discharges, grievance investigations, and other resident issues
- Changes of Ownership (CHOWs) including licensing and payor enrollments
- Acquisition and sale of entities
- Government relations
- Senior living development, including real estate and construction
- Labor and employment
- Collective bargaining and union organizational campaigns
- WHCA/WiCAL Fall Convention 2019, “Grievances"
- Leading Age 2019 Fall Conference, “Advanced Resident Privacy: Considerations in the Age of Smart Devices and other Electronic Traps"
- Leading Age 2019 Fall Conference, “Protecting Your Organization from Litigation Possibilities"